The Coalpactor’s popularity is the result of its ability to maintain top size and provide low cost-per-ton crushed while keeping fines at a minimum.
Advantages & Benefits:
- Lower cost-per-ton-crushed than comparable crushers.
- Lower horsepower demand than comparable crushers.
- Control over product size, with minimum fines.
- Little or no loss of capacity or crushing efficiency when crushing high moisture content materials.
- Less chance of damage to the crusher from uncrushables.
- Hammers normally last longer than in crushers with grates.
Advantages of New Retrofit Design:
- Doubles the amount of crushing surfaces, going from 8 to 16 surfaces on either side of the rotor.
- The wear plates have been improved with a higher hardness material.
- Decreased depth of grooves between crushing surfaces.
- Less maintenance when changing out plate segments.
- Cast segments are one quarter the length of the cage.
- Plate segments are interchangeable from top to bottom with any area on the cage.
This new design is now standard on all new machines and easily retrofitted to existing machines.