Many types of crushers use rotating hammers and other crushing elements to reduce materials by impact, shear or attrition. Jaw Crushers, however, crush by compression of the material between two opposing surfaces — the jaws.
Pennsylvania Crusher brand Jaw Crushers are available in both Double Toggle and Overhead Eccentric models.
Advantages & Benefits:
- Minimal abrasion or gouging of the jaw plates, often less than 25% of other jaws
- Relatively low fines production
- Virtually all of the power is used for crushing
- Do not require massive and costly foundations
- Desirable for portable applications
- Strictly compression crushing which provides longer jaw service life
- Minimal dusting
- Enclosed lubrication for complete protection from damage by contamination
- Tramp protection via a safety release mechanism